Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Postponed Weigh In

Today is supposed to be my official weigh-in day. But, I'm being lazy. Partially. I didn't take out my meat to make dinner early enough. So I'm going to fix dinner, and just go tomorrow morning.

Tonight I am making Taco Soup for dinner. Thought some of you might like this:

Taco Soup
Ingredients:
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 onion, chopped
1 oz Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Dry
1 package McCormick Taco Seasoning (30% less sodium),
15 oz Beans, pinto,
15 oz Beans, red kidney,
15 oz Yellow Sweet Corn, Canned
15 iz Beans, black
14.5 oz Del Monte Diced Tomatoes,
28 oz College Inn Chicken Broth (Light & FF)

Directions
In a large pot, brown ground turkey. Rinse canned foods (not tomatoes) to remove sodium. Add to pot. Cook for 20-30 minutes until.

I usually make a double batch and freeze in bowls of about two cups.

Top with 1/4 cup shredded cheese (2% or fat free), top with 2 tablespoons fat free sour cream.

I thought all the giveaways were done with the Bloggy Giveaway. Not a chance. JohnIsFit is giving away a bike! I could definitely use one, as I've been riding my sons' bikes (on the rare occasions that I ride a bike outside). That boy bar is really annoying.




Goodbye Pounds, Hello Clothes
Clothing Exchange


Want to know how many calories you ate today? Use this quick search!

Food Search:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That soup sounds delicious!!! Good luck with your weigh-in. I'm postponing mine for as long as I can, because I'm worried the scale won't be nice to me.

Anonymous said...

The soup sounds good- although I have only made one dish with ground turkey that I will eat. That is a low fat Mediterranean pita pocket. Basically you make turkey meatballs, and then put them in pitas, with lettuce, tomato, and a low fat cucumber yogurt sauce that you make. It's really good, but other then that I can't get over how ground turkey tastes.

Anonymous said...

hye..nice blog..

Blog walking after drop you some entrecard..

Oh we write about same niche..its about fitness and healthy life..thanks for sharing nice tips here..

take care..

Regards,
Your Fitness Solution.
-fitnessfeeling-

HEALTH NUT WANNABEE MOM said...

That soup looks magnificent and I think since I am a vegetarian I will try it with meatless crumbles and vegetable broth. Looks healthy too! I am adding you to my blogroll. I think my blog visitors will be lucky to end up here. Love your blog!