Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Don't Quit - My Official Restart of Weight Watchers

That's my motto. It's also a poem I read many times while I did Weight Watchers.

Don’t quit when the tide is lowest,
For it’s just about to turn.
Don’t quit over doubts and questions,
For there’s something you may learn.

Don’t quit when the night is darkest,
For it’s just a while ‘til dawn.
Don’t quit when you’ve run the farthest,
For the race is almost won.

Don’t quit when the hill is steepest,
For your goal is almost nigh.
Don’t quit, for you’re not a failure,
Until you fail to try.

- Jill Wolf

Well, I didn't quit. Totally. I took a break, a 10 month break. I still ate healthy foods and limited the unhealthy foods. But, I'd eat a half can of raisins. I'd have that double decker PB&J sandwich. I'd eat two 100-calorie packs. Two bowls of raisin bran, with extra raisins.

So, today is my restarting date.

My starting weight is 192. I knew I'd gained. But, over 40 pounds in 10 months? I shouldn't be surprised at all. I've been not working since last June, and my eating has gotten way out of control I promised myself I would never hit that 200 mark again. Its time I kept that promise!

Todays Menu (so far)is:
Breakfast/Lunch 4 points
Thomas English Muffin - 2 pts
1 tbsp peanut butter - 2 pts
We only have whole milk in the house, and I thought a cup would be 4 pts. After pouring it, I check and 1/2 cup is 4 pts. I poured the milk back into the container and got 32 oz of water.

Snack
Grapes - 1 pt

Dinner
Pork Chop - 5 pts
1 cup string beans
1cup StoveTop - 8 pts

That is 17 of my 24 daily points. I didn't get my dairies in. I was short 2 fruits and vegetables. I just need to re-adapt to this. I also need to go grocery shopping this weekend.




I've been a busy bee hunting down all the Bloggy Giveaways. If you haven't checked it out yet, hurry! This week over 700 (so far) blogs are giving things away!

And, I've been an entering fool! Below are just a sample of some of the things I've come across!

Mom of 2 Dancers is giving away a $25 gift card!

The Natural Mommy is giving away a Choose Your Own Bake Mix (some great ideas with half whole wheat options as well)

Kisses from the Father - is giving away lip balm and 10 wax discs, you choose the scent.



A $25 Barnes & Noble Gift Card

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol, nadine you are so right, i'd appreciate it very much too, haha, we're being bad mamas ;)